Department of Justice is now the Department of Communities and Justice. Find out more >
These are instructions to help prepare terms of settlement. It is important to complete your terms of settlement using your own details and based on your own circumstances. If you need more help, get legal advice.
There is no set form for terms of settlement. They can be handwritten or typed on a blank sheet of paper.
TERMS OF SETTLEMENT
FIONA FRAME trading as Fantastic Florists
LOCAL COURT FILE NUMBER: SC20xx/766
Next, state if there is to be a judgment in favour of the plaintiff and for what amount, or if the plaintiff is going to discontinue the claim. For example:
1. Judgment to be entered for the plaintiff for $3,500.
2. The defendant will pay the plaintiff the amount of $3,500 on or before 31 December 20xx.3. The defendant will not be liable to pay any additional interest if she pays $3,500 by 31 December 20xx
You may include a term that the agreement will be kept confidential by the parties, for example:
4. The terms of this agreement are confidential
State what agreement you have about payment of legal costs. For example:
5. Each party will pay their own legal costs.
5. The defendant is to pay the plaintiff the costs of filing the claim.
The plaintiff and the defendant should sign and date the statement in front of a witness. For example:
Meena VishwanaDate: 24 November 20xx
Fiona FrameDate: 24 November 20xx
The witnesses should also sign and write their full name. For example:
Witness: Ella Mavis
Witness: Bob Atkins